Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
Currently, we are seeking a Product Developer or Materials Scientist in the Baby and Child Care Life Cycle Maximization Team (BCC LCM) located at WRE in Neenah Wisconsin. Specifically, this position is on our LCM International team providing product and materials leadership to and between our North American team and global affiliates.
This position coordinates the product and materials knowledge transfer between our North American team and our global affiliates to initiate and sustain continuous product improvement of our global product forms. The successful candidate has working knowledge of our product specification process and the ability to understand and recommend trade-offs with global product needs. The incumbent develops, provides, and interprets appropriate product testing plans to deliver the desired global product understanding. The preferred candidate has an understanding of our quality conformance systems, SAP, and the commercial impact of material conversion to our product forms. Some plant experience is desirable. Specific knowledge of BCC product forms is less critical.
Product Developers and Material Scientists at Kimberly-Clark work as a member of a Research & Engineering (R&E) team to develop and implement new product, process, material or technology concepts.
Candidates should have product development and/or materials development experience and have demonstrated the ability to effectively collaborate with a broad network of team members. The incumbent reports to a Team Leader and receives direction in the form of specific objectives from the project lead and technical lead.
Works as a member of the Baby and Child Care Life Cycle Maximization Team focused on our international affiliates taking work direction from a project lead or technical lead. Has responsibility for a portion of several small or moderate projects. May also assist in other project areas. Plans and carries out project responsibilities with limited assistance and direction. Effectively plans and complete projects responsibilities on time. Ensures communication of project plans and results to customers and other team members. Provides technical assistance to less experienced team members.
1) Perform as a team member on a research & development project, leading smaller size projects or be a key member on moderate or large projects, carrying out assignments in a timely, diligent, safe and professional manner.
2) Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as an effective implementer of research principles, scientific analysis, and product development.
3) Employ innovative approaches & problem solving using LEAN tools and methodology to issues and identify creative ideas/concepts for product development accountabilities
4) Conduct all communications and transactions with the utmost integrity and honesty so as to build an unimpeachable business reputation.
5) Manage self in accordance with the expected behaviors of the One KC Behaviors & Competencies.
6) Document knowledge and report research and development work as required by R&E policy.
7) Demonstrate the ability to fully develop the skills and traits required for continued growth as a scientist.
8) Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
9) Comply with critical safety rules. Carry out job responsibilities in a safe manner. Provide for the safety and well-being of fellow co-workers. Complete projects that include equipment, process, and product that meet safety codes, policies, and guidelines.
1) Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in a related scientific discipline
2) 3-7 years experience in a variety of plant operations or quality system or R&E product development roles or other related experience.
3) A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and across functional & departmental boundaries to complete accountabilities within required timeframes
4) Solid & growing understanding of product development
5) Need to be willing to travel globally and/or domestically at 20-40%.
Operating Budget: Indeterminate - $700M
Personnel: Work direction of 0 - 3 people
Kimberly-Clark - 21 months ago
Kimberly-Clark engages in worldwide manufacturing and marketing of a wide range of products for personal, business and industrial uses....