CooperVision®, Inc., a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE: COO), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges; such as astigmatism, presbyopia and ocular dryness; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available.
Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, thereby creating real advantages for customers and wearers.
From our extensive network of facilities in 12 countries across five continents, CooperVision distributes high-quality lenses virtually everywhere contact lenses are worn.
SR. BUYER (SPARE PARTS MATERIAL AGENT)
Plans and controls spare parts, inventories and purchases of the company.
- Analyzing MRP (12 month plan)
- Procuring Spare Parts
- Inventory/ Order Monitoring
- Managing Material Return and discrepancies in receiving/ invoices
- Requesting corrective actions from supplier
- Including corrective actions report to NCR
- Negotiating final disposition with Supplier (RTV or Scrap)
- Initiating material disposition documentation
- Reviewing shortage materials with suppliers
- Reviewing systems inventory parameters for spare parts
- Identifying excess/ obsolete material and request disposition
- Managing material quantity variance
- Identifying Cost Savings Opportunities
- Ensuring continuous materials sourcing
- Identifying opportunities for Leverage in Spare Parts procurement
- Receiving Report
- Day to day capacity utilization Supply Chain Advice
- Supplying Assessment for Qualification
- Supplier Performance Monitoring
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Quality System Responsibilities:
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) with excellent oral and written skills.
- Knowledge in Quality System Regulations.
- Effective leadership.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Willing to travel.
- Expert user of PC productivity tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Highly motivated, self-starter, and responsible person.
Safety & Occupational Health Responsibilities
- Complies with the Quality System Regulation (QSR).
- Executes job responsibilities as established in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Follows the documentation procedures.
- Complies with Safety and Occupational Health Policy and procedures.
- Complies with Hazardous Communication program.
- Notifies immediately all accidents or incidents occurred in work area.
- Complies with the usage, inspection and maintenance of the personal protective equipment required, if applicable.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working area and notifies any condition he/she may think might cause an accident.
- Participates in the activities of the Safety and Occupational Health Program as requested.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration.
- Master degree in Administration Material Management and Control or Logistic and Material Management.
CooperVision®, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
- Five years of experience in purchasing, planning, and vendor relations in a medical device/pharmaceutical regulated industry.
- Five years of experience in negotiations.
- Experience in Vendor Qualification Program.
Puerto Rico-Puerto Rico-Juana Diaz
CooperVision - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
CooperVision wants you to be able to clearly see the benefits of its products. CooperVision (CVI) is a leading manufacturer of contact...