Job Title: Amway Center Box Office Representative
Department: Ticket Operations
Employee Type: Regular Part Time
Classification : Non-Exempt
Location: Amway Center
Provide legendary customer service to all patrons of Amway Center, Carr Performing Arts Centre, and the Citrus Bowl by performing individual ticket sales and accounting duties for the Amway Center Box Office.
• Reports To (Title): Ticket Operations Manager
• Indirectly Reports To (if applicable): Magic Assistant Director, Ticket Operations
• Game night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per season: 21-40
• Event night responsibilities: Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sell tickets in person at box office window.
• Determine and collect appropriate fees and issue tickets.
• Process and verify credit card purchases.
• Assist with preparation of sales reports as assigned.
• Compile data and other reports as needed.
• Perform filing and other general clerical duties.
• Provide customer service to patrons with ticketing issues, including lost, stolen, or damaged tickets.
• Monitor, process, and mail advance ticket orders for single and multi-date events.
• Answer box office telephone and respond to customer questions regarding events, ticket operations, and assist patrons in finding seat locations on seating diagrams.
• Well-versed on all Amway Center offerings; Premium amenities, suites, loges, clubs, restaurants, hospitality areas, etc.
• Operate Ticketmaster HOST & POS ticketing system.
• Operate Archtics ticketing system.
• Stay current on events scheduled for Amway Center and the other venues.
• Provide general information to the public.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High school degree required.
• One year of customer service, ticket sales, or clerical related work experience required.
• Experience working with large cash volume is required.
• Computerized ticketing experience; Ticketmaster and/or Archtics preferred.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as required.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.
• Fluent Spanish speaker desired, but not required.
• Position will be required to stand and be on feet for prolonged periods of time during event shifts.
• Occasional lifting of heavier objects necessary when setting up for events.
This organization hopes to work a little voodoo on the basketball court. The Orlando Magic is a professional basketball franchise that...