IT Audit Senior Staff - Columbus - (5330)
Firm Services: Risk Consulting - IT Audit
Type: Regular Full-Time
More information about this opportunity:Company Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe assists public and private company clients in reaching their goals through audit, tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With offices coast to coast and 2,500 personnel, Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest networks in the world. The network consists of 150 independent accounting and management consulting firms with offices in more than 580 cities around the world.
Typical Senior IT Auditor responsibilities on a client engagement would include:
- Supporting planning, supervising staff, and executing IT Audit and/or Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (Sox 404) IT control projects.
- Personnel are expected to perform audit execution work and oversee the technical work of junior level personnel. Reports directly to a project leader and/or executive with respect to communications of issues and completion audit tasks.
- Participating in strategic and tactical initiatives related to new product offerings and services.
- Working with Crowe IT Audit management personnel to set the performance expectations of IT Audit Staff level personnel.
- Evaluating the performance of Crowe IT Audit staff personnel.
- Performing research on technology products/trends and professional standards as it relates to IT controls and the IT audit profession.
- Preparing for higher levels of responsibility within the Crowe client service organization.
LOCATIONS: Open to either Columbus or Cleveland
- Playing a lead role in the delivery and oversight of IT Audit services.
- Evaluating IT general and application controls.
- Leading IT control evaluation projects to support Crowe's public company financial audits.
- Providing IT controls guidance with respect to client information systems, technology architecture, and security.
- Reviewing and preparing workpapers.
- Identifying additional client service needs.
- Preparing audit reports and communicating issues to Crowe IT Audit management and client management.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Bachelor's degree required, Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems Major is preferred.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of Professional Services experience in the areas of IT audit, IT controls assessment, and/or Sox 404 evaluation and testing.
- Should have some experience developing IT audit work programs and/or assisting in IT audit and/or Sox 404 projects.
- Experience with a consulting or professional services organization or with a leading industry public company is preferred.
- We require some prior experience supervising staff level resources in the areas of IT audit or Sox 404.
- This position may require national and/or international travel.
- Knowledge of midrange or mainframe architecture (IBM i-Series or IBM OS/390).
- Auditing network operating systems (Novell NetWare or Windows Active Directory).
- Exposure to ERP application level security (Oracle Financials, SAP Basis, or PeopleSoft Financials).
- Audit planning and execution.
- Written and verbal communication of IT control issues.
- IT general and/or application control design and operating effectiveness testing.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- MBA is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP) or other related accounting, security, or technology professional certification is preferred.
Apply for this opportunity:
More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on facebookShare on myspaceShare on googleShare on twitter
- Apply for this opportunity online
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?
Powered by the iCIMS Talent Platform (Opens new window)
Applicant Tracking Software
Crowe Horwath LLP - 12 months ago
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the top 10 public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core pu...