This position will have full accountability and authority for creating and managing business processes within the Directed Energy division.
As programs are captured, candidate will be responsible for budget and schedule as well as technical performance of the program(s) within the division.
This position will act as the primary customer contact (customers include DoE, DoD, and Federal Agencies) and is responsible for reporting and monitoring technical and financial performance for the division.
Responsible for developing and presenting the long term financial outlook to senior management and for committing the division to specific financial goals and obligations in accordance with the division AOP goals.
Requires partnership and coordination with multiple functional organizations including: contracts, finance, procurement, quality control, etc.
Sets budgetary guidelines and directs the performance of the division through these internal functional partnerships.
BS/BE Engineering Discipline
Advanced Degrees in Engineering, or other engineering discipline or business.
acquisition experience helpful.
- Minimum of 12 years of demonstrated knowledge and experience in a related field.
- Proven team builder with demonstrated strong leadership, coordination, and people/interpersonal skills to effectively lead and synchronize cross-functional team effort.
- Demonstrated business leadership of multi-faceted technology program and company efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in business development, product development, manufacturing capabilities, outsourcing and vendor/supplier partnerships.
- Successful implementation of engineering and/or manufacturing process and tools.
- Management of corporate and legal intellectual property matters.
- Experience in the Department of Energy and/or Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition process for establishing systems requirements and funding allocation.
- Knowledge and experience with US Air Force, US Army and/or US Navy acquisition process.
- Familiarity with the military strategic planning methodologies and the associated organizations.
- Proven broad based technical background.
Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain additional levels.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems
- 2011 sales: $5.6 billion
- 11,900 employees
- Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona
- World's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems
- More than 1 million missiles produced since 1954
- Broad weapons portfolio
- Smart munitions
- Kinetic kill vehicles
- Directed energy weapons
- Customers: All U.S. military services; allied forces of more than 40 countries
- Strong commitment to the global marketplace
Raytheon - 21 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...