Description and Qualifications
Employee Posting Eligibility Requirements:
- Must meet minimum qualifications for the position.
- Must have completed 12 months of continuous service in their current role (may be waived at the discretion of the employee's current supervisor/manager and with approval from the Human Resources Department.)
- Must have satisfactory performance
- Must not be on a written or final warning or a performance improvement plan.
- Employees invited to interview with the hiring manager MUST notify their current manager prior to the interview
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) is a new Division within Transamerica that has been established to identify common functions across the organization that could potentially be better leveraged as a shared service. We are committed to enhancing financial results through creativity, innovation, risk management, and service while treating our policyholders, employees, and other customers with integrity and respect.
Position will be responsible for leading L&P / ES&P finance activities that are transitioned to EBS. Also responsible for leading the EBS finance team into a Shared Services model. Strategizes, initiates, plans, manages and closes multiple transition projects for EBS Finance activities to Shared Service or outsourcers. The Finance Leader for EBS division will have broad responsibilities for the effective management and integrity of actuarial and financial reporting.
- Contributes to the sound financial management of the organization be developing and recommending financial strategies for EBS and monitoring its performance and providing appropriate advice to senior management
- Manages stakeholders and their respective expectation to assure expectations are met.
- Manages multiple medium to large scale, complex and high profile transitions or activities into EBS from start to completion.
- Utilizes process quality improvement methodology and tools to complete transition of finance shared services activities from divisions to EBS
- Provides direction to the department in order to effectively utilize all resources and provide quality financial services to EBS customers.
- Recommends, implements and drives changes to business systems and processes.
- Ownership for the success of the transition activity.
- Support all transition management activities including plan development as well as providing tools, processes, quality discipline and coaching.
- Partners with Business Unit CFO's to meet their business goals and objectives.
- Participates in selection process for sourcing vendor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Lean or Six sigma certification a plus. Generally 10+ years’ experience in an insurance or financial services company. Previous experience in or strong knowledge of L&P / ES&P preferred. Candidate should have a track record of leading large teams through significant change, experience creating or functioning within a shard service business model, be able to resolve conflicts quickly and settle them equitably. Must have effective communication and can relate well to people at all levels.
Accounting Finance & Audit
US-Florida, US-Arkansas, US-Maryland, US-Colorado, US-Texas, US-California
Transamerica.com - 9 months ago