This is an entry level position focused on providing the necessary skills and knowledge required in order to safely perform a variety of basic Wireline services as a Field Specialist. The expectation at this level is to assist under direct supervision, and to observe all aspects of the operation as performed by the Wireline crew. Duties and responsibilities are to assist in the maintenance and operation of Wireline equipment and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
• Assist in Job planning and preparation of tools and equipment, paperwork and documentation requirements.
• Demonstrate familiarity with Wireline documentation and other online training and support systems.
• Demonstrate general knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
• Demonstrate general knowledge of all Weatherford tools and equipment at the location, including associated hazards.
• Performing tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rig up, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
• Performing Wireline tests, cable re-heads, tool preventative maintenance & calibration.
• Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of various Wireline functions including winch operation, depth control, tension, data acquisition and tool response.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Understand fundamental math and physics
• Understand principles of electricity
• Basic computer skills
• Knowledge of windows based systems
• Demonstrated mechanical ability
• Graduate from a minimum 2 year technical program or equivalent experience
• Engineering or Geology degree
• Previous Wireline experience
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
• Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
• Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and DOT physical
• Experience or knowledge of operating in the Oil & Gas industry
Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is domiciled in...