Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Hawaii PM-CM Branch Manager
Type of Position:
Must have a (4) year Engineering or Construction Management Degree, and must have a current Hawaii PE or CCM Certification. Minimum 10 years of experience in related field. This person will report to the Pacific Sub-Region PM-CM Office Manager and will be responsible for successful completion of assigned projects and managing the day- to-day operations of the local Hawaii PM-CM Team. Must obtain a negative result on required drug screening. Must have a valid Driver's License.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a worldwide industry leader in Program and Construction Management as the Hawaii PM-CM Group Branch Manager. This person will oversee the local PM-CM operations management and project teams for a variety of signatures projects in Hawaii within the aviation, transit, water/waste water, and Federal markets. This person will have the opportunity to work with outstanding technical staff, great clients, and some of the most notable signature projects in Hawaii. This is an opportunity to be the face of URS for PM-CM in Hawaii.
- Serves as a technical expert for the team / section / PM-CM group in Hawaii.
- Responsible for the team management planning, organizing, controlling, reporting and leading.
- Develops operating and growth plans, including staffing.
- Determines workload for their team, including short-, medium- and long-sterm business goals and objectives.
- Maintains effective communication within the team and with clients.
- Identifies, analyzes and addresses the root causes of both personnel and project issues.
- Tracks and reports on the team’s monthly financial performance, sales and backlog; may analyze and recommend corrective actions.
- Prepares monthly financial reports and attends status meetings.
- Reviews and submits for approval the team’s expenditures, including conference and professional activity approval requests.
- Assists with the annual budget planning process, including development and projections of team’s metrics and requirements for growth.
- Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- May develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the technical work performed in the Hawaii PM-CM Group.
- Plans, coordinates, develops, and monitors projects to completion.
- Works with multiple teams to pursue, manage and deliver projects.
- Establishes, promotes, and ensures quality on all projects and work performance.
- Proactively monitors projects to identify and address financial, safety and liability issues, as well as to ensure completion on schedule.
- Identifies when project requirements exceed available technical skills or manpower capacity and develops plan of action with next level management to seek help from other work units, hire new staff, and/or subcontract work, etc.
- Closely monitors and manages the team’s weekly sold time and direct labor to ensure goals are met.
- May review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Must obtain URS PM Certification within (6) months of hire.
Business Development / Client Management
- Interfaces and manages both in-house, temp agency, and subcontract staff.
- Selects and hires staff.
- Monitors performance of staff and provides mentoring and constructive feedback.
- Conducts departmental meetings and evaluates work performance of staff.
- Ensures staff meets safety and other IE mandated training requirements.
- Provides staff evaluations and development plans.
- Ensures appropriate staff obtains IE PM certifications.
- Prepares and implements business development programs in coordination with the Region.
- Assists Business Line Managers in preparing and executing portion of their sales plan, as well as in the development of new business through strategic marketing.
- Participates in business development activities, including planning, scheduling, client relations, marketing, proposal preparation and presentations.
- Maintains professional relations and contacts with clients, peers and competitors.
- Presents and explains proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Consults or negotiates with clients to prepare project specifications.
- “Team” may include section, branch, department staff, etc., depending on level(s) of staff managed
URS Corporation - 23 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...