MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES :
1. Provide quality hair care services to residents at Champions Assisted Living. Services include haircuts, shampoo/set, permanent/relaxers, blow dry, temporary rinse.
2. Open and close Salon ensuring quality services will be provided to include but not limited to launder and fold capes, restock towels and blankets, cleaning of supplies, removal of towels to be laundered.
3. Requisition supplies as needed and ensure they are readily available and maintained.
4. Maintain client cards.
5. Provide a loving continuum of care environment within the salon by fostering a positive relationship with residents, families, and employees.
6. Coordinate with the unit clerks at Davis and staff at Champions for the scheduling of appointment times for residents.
7. Report any unusual, abnormal or different change in behavior, physical, and or emotional condition of a resident to nursing upon discovery.
8. Straighten the beauty shop daily including sweeping, cleaning/sanitizing sinks, cleaning mirrors, and performs weekly cleaning schedule.
9. Responsible for transporting residents as needed.
10. Manicures and pedicures to be done for residents as time allows.
11. Operates various salon equipment to include but not limited to scissors, clippers, hairdryers, irons, etc.
12. Submit work orders for equipment or furniture repairs to maintenance as needed.
13. Maintain and attend to plants.
14. Follows infection control procedures and maintains sanitary conditions at all times.
15. Properly handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, and other hair care products etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
16. Attends all mandatory in-services and receives annual training related to resident transfers and best practices associated with persons with dementia.
17. Support management and team members in periods of stress and change.
18. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Licensure/ Certification: Current State of North Carolina Cosmetology License.
Experience: At lease 1 year experience in retail salon and/or work in a salon in a health care facility and/or work with the elderly.