Plant expert for industrial controls and automation and has an in-depth understanding of the physical operation of the process equipment, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and control systems. The Plant Controls Supervisor supervises and trains the plant Controls Technician and maintenance technicians and provides technical support to manufacturing operations; improves machine and equipment control; troubleshoots operating problems; designs and implements capital improvements; oversees PLC, HMI and plant SCADA hardware and software systems; and trains production operators in new or modified process control operations.
Oversees, installs and programs all aspects of plant PLC / HMI and SCADA systems organization to maintain and improve machine and equipment control:
Designs and implements small capital improvements to PLC and HMI systems;
- Maintain control system documentation.
- Upgrade and maintain Software tools and applications,
- Maintain hardware revision levels to accommodate software upgrades.
- Implement long-term strategy and plan for control systems as defined by automation manager.
- Implement standards and guidelines for plant control systems as defined by automation manager.
- Oversee/maintain and modify programming for utilities, process and CIP systems.
- Collaborate with Information Technology to integrate PLC, Wonderware, and, if applicable, Westfalia Warehouse Management System control systems.
- Align information in enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, with actual process on work floor.
- Oversee and maintain PLC and HMI network systems, and collaborate with IT to manage PLC and HMI communications across company Ethernet/fiber optic network.
- Train select maintenance technicians in plant PLC systems to aid in troubleshooting and maintenance.
Provides technical support to plant manufacturing operations:
- Assist in planning and implementation of long-range facility/process expansions.
- Oversee integration of new capital equipment purchases with existing plant control systems.
- Manage selected capital projects, as directed by Automation Manager.
- Guide/direct the work of outside PLC and controls contractors.
- Oversee and or Setup and install instruments and control system components.
- Oversees and completes process work orders in a timely fashion
Trains engineering and production employees on existing and new processes
- Be the plant expert for troubleshooting existing plant process and control systems.
- Solve problems in plant control system and plant operations, including upgrading and retrofitting equipment and facilities.
- Assist in installation of new equipment by taking the lead in control system aspects of installation.
Present training materials in one-on-one and group settings.
- Coordinate with automation manager to plan, deliver, and document training.
- Assist in development of training materials.
Job Knowledge Skills and Abilities :
- Associates degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in food or beverage manufacturing environment, including hands-on maintenance experience
- Experience providing PLC 7 HIM programming, hardware installation, and software installation
- Experience performing instrument and control loop tuning and calibration
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC control systems and Wonder SCADA systems. Experience with ERP, WMS, CMMA and calibration management systems strongly desired.
Full-time position with excellent benefits. Wage DOE, Pre-employment screening required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Must be computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and SQL
- Must be a team player and be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simusltaneously
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must have sound troublseshooting skills
Tillamook County Creamery Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
Tillamook - 19 months ago