HCC is currently seeking a Senior Enterprise Risk Analyst at our Corporate headquarters in Houston, TX. This position, under general supervision, will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and administering strategies for risk management throughout the company,
- Work with SVP, ERM preparing reports and/or presentations to members of Executive Management, Board Committees, Rating and Regulatory Agencies.
- Work with the SVP, ERM in the identification and assessment of the enterprise’s risks along with the documentation of the management and monitoring of those risks, including efficient reporting mechanisms.
- Work with the Internal Controls and Internal Audit Departments to closely align activities with those risks identified through the ERM process.
- Work with the SVP, ERM and other department personnel in procurement of tailored insurance products by gathering and organizing exposure information related to insurance placement and renewal submissions, as well as the preparation of insurance applications and presentations.
- Analyze premium invoices and insurance documentation for accuracy and allocation of insurance costs and respond to internal and external requests regarding insurance certificates.
- Gather and disseminate claims information (Corporate insurance claims including but not limited to workers’ compensation, errors and omissions, and EPLI) including the analysis of loss trends, and other general support, including regular reporting and notification to insurance brokers and/or carriers.
- Special projects as assigned by SVP, ERM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience in the insurance industry
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience with an insurance company, broker, or risk management department
- Specific Enterprise Risk Management experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of property/casualty insurance and general knowledge of reinsurance
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. is a leading specialty insurer with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland,...