QA/QC Technicians are responsible for ensuring all operations employees take responsibility for product quality and product safety, capturing analytical, physical and microbial data to help drive decision making processes, collaborating with other departments within operations to help drive consistency in product manufacturing and ensuring that products meet the needs of Medifast customers.
- Test internal product to ensure conformance to specification and/or reference product.
- Test co-packer product to ensure conformation to specification and/or reference product.
- Approve production line start up, including material and packaging conformance.
- Approve equipment for proper sanitation prior to product changeovers.
- Collect data used by leadership in product disposition activities/recall.
- Determine product rejections.
- Analyze data to develop recommendations for manufacturing improvements.
- Must have at least a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Associates Degree in Quality Assurance, Biotechnology, or related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in food or pharmaceutical production or warehouse required.
- 1 year of QA/QC Technician experience in food or pharmaceutical production or warehouse preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Medifast, Inc - 2 years ago
Medifast seeks to help people slim down and shape up... fast. The company develops and markets health and diet products under the Medifast...