Summary of Functions:
The IT Infrastructure Project Manager’s role is to plan,
organize, and manage the portfolio of IT Infrastructure projects to
support New Breed’s mission. The Project Manager will manage an IT
Infrastructure Project Board, which is comprised of project work stream
leads from various technical disciplines, and senior management. The
Project Manager will ensure that projects are planned with work
breakdown structures and milestones, manage issue resolution and
escalation; ensure effective communication of project status. The
Project Manager will exhaustively drive accountability for quality
delivery of the right solution on-time and on-budget. The Project
Manager schedules and directs the activities of project resources and
works closely with the IT executive staff, project stakeholders, IT
vendors, and key decision makers in order to manage projects to
successful completion according to New Breed’s standards and
- Coordinate the Infrastructure Project Board meetings and manage
and coordinate execution of the portfolio of Infrastructure and Security
projects through structured project planning.
- Plan, organize, and negotiate the allocation of IT Infrastructure resources to IT Infrastructure projects.
- Manage dialogue with technology vendors who are supporting Infrastructure project delivery
- Ensure the efficient utilization of IT resources – including personnel and equipment – for the project teams.
- Produce periodic status reports and issues summaries
- Practice continuous process improvement for IT Infrastructure projects
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person
communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and
end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Oversee Infrastructure projects and project portfolios.
- Develop, implement, and enforce all functional policies and
procedures including those for network architecture, standards,
purchasing, and service provision.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to resolve issues and keep projects on-plan
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 10 years equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
- Experience managing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) projects and/or Infrastructure projects
- Experience managing complex multi-team projects using PMI (PMBOK) and/or PRINCE2 methods
- Experience using project management tools such as MS Project, Principal Toolbox
- Preferred Certifications:
- ITIL v3
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Demonstrated leadership, personnel, and project management skills
- Proven analytical, strategic vision drawing on strong problem-solving abilities
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language appropriate to both executive and managerial audiences
- Highly self motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Skilled in working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Contrary to its name, New Breed Logistics is not new to the logistics game. Born out of a small trucking company formed in 1968, New Breed...