Director, Clinical Affairs-Consumer
Neenah, Wisconsin or Roswell, Georgia
Kimberly-Clark is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 57,000 employees worldwide and operations in 36 countries, Kimberly-Clark posted sales of $20.8 billion in 2011. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing Sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
Around the world, medical professionals turn to Kimberly-Clark for a wide portfolio of solutions that improve the health, hygiene and well-being of their patients and staff. As part of their healing mission, caregivers rely on Kimberly-Clark to deliver clinical solutions and educational resources that they can depend on to prevent, diagnose and manage a wide variety of healthcare-associated infections. This more than $1 billion global enterprise of Kimberly-Clark Corporation holds the No. 1 or No. 2 market share position in several categories, including infection control solutions, surgical solutions, pain management and digestive health. And throughout the care continuum, patients and staff alike trust Kimberly-Clark medical supplies and devices, KLEENEX tissues, Kimberly-Clark Professional skin care products and SCOTT towels for day-to-day needs
The Director, Clinical Affairs is responsible for coordinating plans with the business units to develop clinical evidence and clinical education programs (if needed) in support of the achievement of business strategies and objectives.
The Director, Clinical Affairs is the key interface with their respective business units to coordinate and develop the clinical support required to business objectives. This role provides supervision to clinical education professionals. Decisions are strategic and tactical in nature and impact businesses and functions that utilize support from Clinical Affairs
- Responsible for collaborating with the Marketing, R&E Safety and Quality teams, as well as key opinion leaders and investigators in all aspects of clinical research associated with the development of global business unit product strategies, including budget projections and budget compliance
- Assists the global Marketing and Sales teams with communications regarding new data, clinical development, new clinical training materials, information, procedures and the clinical congress strategies.
- Responsible for the development of clinical study plans that support the successful commercialization of new and existing products
- Provides external connections on a global basis to healthcare procedural trends and expert medical opinions
- Provides an interface between the business units and the Clinical Operations team
- Reviews literature, conference publications, and the status of on-going clinical trials for product ideas and potential new therapies
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing on the overall publication plans that result from clinical trials or support the market’s need for clinical education
- Responsible for the department budget
- Manages and prioritizes the overall project portfolio of clinical studies and clinical education opportunities to be aligned with business unit priorities
- Participate in or organize speaker programs and events related to customer education about the use of business unit products and clinical results
- Design, update and implement appropriate innovative and best-in-class procedures and SOP’s related to clinical study development and execution
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders and academic institutions on a global basis
- Participate in or coordinate Kimberly-Clark’s global involvement at scientific meetings, standardization bodies and regulatory meetings
- Participate as needed in the management of relations with professional and governmental organizations globally
- Provide business and medical leadership for due diligence and other business development opportunities
- Provide leadership to ensure that Clinical Affairs attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment that motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
- Bachelors of Science Degree with 7+ years in regulated industry that includes a minimum three years direct clinical research/development engagement
- Experience working in a global or similarly structured organization
- Experience in coaching and mentoring at managerial and/or supervisory level
- Experience in health care/medical device based business.
- Strong experience with device (IDE’s and studies that have led to PMA and/or PMA supplement application and/or approvals) clinical studies
- Business communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, presentation); both external and internal
- A history of success in collaborating with business teams and the functions within those teams including Marketing, Sales, R&E, and Quality
- Experience with the participation in cross-functional teams required
Please apply at www.kc-careers.com Req ID: 15041
- Advanced Degree (MBA, MS, or PhD).
- Global level clinical trial experience preferred.
Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day – at home, school, work and on the...