RN Prn II: Labor & Delivery/Maternal/Newborn
Texas Health Alliance
Job ID: 43675
Department: Labor - Deliver
Area of Interest: RN
Job Type: PRN
Relocation Provided: Yes
Travel Required: No
Job Function: RN
Come be a part of the new and exciting facility, Texas Health Alliance, which opened in September!
This is for the Women's & Infants Services departments which consist of: 6-bed Labor & Delivery rooms, 2 C-section rooms, 14 Postpartum rooms and an 8-bed Level III Neonatal ICU.
Qualified candidates for the experienced Labor & Delivery and Maternal/Newborn RN opportunity will possess the following:
- Graduate of an accredited RN nursing school.
- RN licensure to practice in the state of Texas.
- Two (2) or more years of current Labor & Delivery and Maternal/Newborn RN experience in an acute care setting.
- Proficiency with computer skills - Microsoft Suite and computerized charting - EPIC/Care Connect
- Very good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Serves as a role model, intra/
interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care.
- Possesses organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Current certifications: BLS for Healthcare Providers and NRP - or obtain within first 3 weeks of hire,
- ACLS (must obtain within 6 months of hire), AWHONN Fetal monitoring (must obtain within 6 months of hire).
- Must have scrub and circulation experience as a RN
- Will be cross-trained in Mother/Baby.
- Must be able to float between units on a regular basis (L&D and Maternal/Newborn - couplet care)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred.
- Flexibility with schedule.
- Previous experience as a Super User with EPIC is helpful.
- Prefer 3 to 5 year's current Labor & Delivery experience as a RN from an acute care setting.
- Women's Services/OB Certification is a plus.
- Experience with High Risk OB patients is helpful.
- Mother/baby experience preferred.
PRN: On an as needed basis, Variable hours, mainly 7:00AM-7:00PM, 12-hour shifts/ including weekends and holidays, available to work any shift at this time
* PRN employees are eligible to participate in the 401K retirement program.
- Delivers patient care utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific care-patient safety/infection control measures into patient care
- Incorporates age specific care-patient safety/infection control measures into patient care
- Initiates action to meet patient/parent's need for information
- Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift and inter-hospital, while expediting out of hospital transfers.
- Maintains professional accountability:
• Maintains and enhances nursing skills.
• Serves as patient advocate.
• Communicates per department expectations
• Provides for patient privacy and dignity.
• Adapts to changes in workload assignment functioning as Resource/Charge Nurse as needed.
• Assumes leadership of care management team.
- Assists in meeting department/hospital KPI's related to: Patient outcomes, customer satisfaction, financial performance, organizational effectiveness, community health care.
Texas Health Alliance
Scheduled to open in fall 2012, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is located near the intersection of Interstate 35W and Golden Triangle Boulevard.
The project totals approximately 189,000 square feet, including a full-service hospital that has outpatient and surgical services, a 24-hour emergency room, intensive care unit, women’s and infant care, six labor and recovery suites and 14 post-partum rooms, diagnostic offices and 36 inpatient acute-care inpatient beds (with the potential to house up to 350 beds).
The new hospital campus will provide quality healthcare services for residents of north Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet and surrounding communities.
Texas Health Resources is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Texas Health Resources, a 2013 Dallas Business Journal Best Places to Work (ranked #1), a 2013 Texas Award for Performance Excellence...