Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate with 1 year clerical experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Must have computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel with a minimum typing speed of 45 words per minute. Must possess strong written communication and verbal skills, adaptable to environments where conditions may not be pristine, and manage and maintain in stressful situations.
Under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing routine clerical tasks to support
- Greet visitors, ascertains purpose of visits, and direct to the appropriate staff.
- Answer telephone calls and direct calls to the appropriate staff.
- Receive and route messages and document such to appropriate staff.
- Operate office equipment and uses word processing, spreadsheets, and other software applications to prepare reports, correspondence, letters, etc., as applicable.
- Transmit correspondence and medical records via mail, email or fax.
- Perform various clerical and administrative functions, including, but not limited to ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
- Perform bookkeeping duties, such as preparation of expense reports and maintaining petty cash and receipts.
- Transmit and maintain all medical claims as required by company policies and procedures.
- Transmit and maintain all subpoenas and/or medical record requests as required by company policies and procedures.
- Sort and distribute all mail and interoffice correspondence.
- Identify and proactively communicate potential labor management issues and use appropriate recourses to address labor management problems.
- Assist the HSA and DON with recruiting efforts, credentialing, scheduling interviews, and processing new hire documentation.
- Complete reporting tasks as assigned by supervisors and company policies and procedures, ensure that direct reports following reporting requirements, submit all reports within timeframe required, and ensure that all information is accurate and accountable.
- Use all functions and applications of TechCareTM relevant to the position with no supervision.
- Use all functions and applications of ADP eTime and SchedulerTM relevant to the position with no supervision.
- Use all functions and applications of ELearningTM relevant to the position with no supervision.
- Process offsite referrals, appointments, patient registrations, and transport requests in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain monthly reporting and statistical data as required by company policies and procedures and contract terms and requirements.
- Gather and maintain documentation required for all accreditation surveys.
- Proactively take action to solve problems and use objectivity and insightfulness when approaching problems, meet established goals, and take responsibility for results and outcomes.
- Fundamentally understand the organizational structure and how to appropriately access resources.
- Demonstrate professionalism by using objectivity, maintaining self-control when under pressure, separating professional from personal issues, displaying emotional maturity, maintaining a high degree of integrity, and promoting a positive work environment by setting an example.
- Build proactive working relationships with supervisors, security staff, healthcare staff, patients, vendors, and clients. Establish and maintain professional relationships where you will be viewed by others as trusted and respectful.
- Notify critical information to the next level of management that may have a negative impact on client and/or vendor relations.
- Coordinate all monthly, quarterly, and annual meetings in compliance with company policies and procedures.
NaphCare, Inc. is uniquely qualified as a correctional healthcare partner, having provided a wide range of services since 1989. Our...