Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Manager, Production Control to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in Newark, Delaware.
Role and Responsibilities
· Champion the Master Production Scheduling process for Bloom Energy, integrating and synchronizing all manufacturing schedules and supply plans.
· Ensure that the Master Schedule is fully reflected in the ERP system at all times.
· Define and standardize planning strategies for all Master Scheduled items.
· Direct supervision of a Material analyst; guide the analysts to ensure highest possible data integrity levels in the ERP system
· Review & control planning parameters in the ERP system to ensure proper order execution
· Establish standard Key Performance Indicators and ERP Health Measures related to Master Scheduling
· Balance current and future customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
· Ensure that the MPS is not overloaded and that every MPS work order has a valid future date assigned to it
· Review new sales order requests and provides a feasible promise dates to the Sales team before the orders are promised
· Monitor MPS stability, track reasons for schedule changes and ensure that root causes for schedule volatility are being resolved
· Determine appropriate Master Schedule time fences for MPS items, ensures that production schedules are level loaded and that plant output is as linear as possible while customer service levels are maximized
· Analyze data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepare reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution
· Perform Capacity Requirements Planning in the ERP system to validate the Master Production Schedule
· Other duties as required
Skills and Experience:
· Ability to Think and Act Strategically: Strong analytical skills and business acumen required.
· Achieve Results on a Consistent Basis: Demonstrated ability to achieve results in multiple industries and/or companies. Can lead cross functional teams to consensus decisions.
· Leadership Style: Strong communication skills required. Lead by example and willingness to “live and learn” a prerequisite. Courage and energy welcomed. Ability to ‘break ties’ in the organization
· The Winning Edge: A winner throughout one’s career. Performs well under pressure.
· Essential Skills and Experience:
· Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain preferred. APICS certification preferred.
· +10 years of experience or more in Materials Management
· Business experience in hi tech or low volume / high mix industries preferred
· Practical and advanced understanding of Master Scheduling
· Hands on experience with ERP implementations
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
· Must be a creative thinker and have a vision of how to raise process maturity to the next level.
· Must have a demonstrated ability in the area of Materials Management policy & process creation and implementation
· Must demonstrate a bias for action and implementation
· Must have strong motivation and mentoring skills
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or company; it is driving a whole new industry.
As one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon Valley’s most revered venture capital firms. The company has assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is looking to add to its dynamic team.
The Bloom Energy Manufacturing Center of Delaware will bring 21 st century American manufacturing and innovation to life, and is looking for highly motivated and qualified people to join this exciting team. The high tech facility will combine world class manufacturing practices, and the Bloom culture of manufacturing excellenc e fueled by a continuous improvement mindset that will involve everyone’s input and commitment.
Bloom is dedicated to creating an environment enriched with training programs to promote continuous improvement, job specific education, and leadership development for all levels of the organization. Our goal is to create a supportive leadership environment, and collaborative atmosphere that provides employees the tools, guidance, and support they need to thrive.
We are looking for individuals who want to build great products, help define the next generation of manufacturing, and possess the skills, drive, and attitude to help Bloom Energy accomplish the mission of delivering clean, reliable, affordable energy to everyone in the world.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
Bloom Energy - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
There're startups, and then there's Bloom Energy. The company invented the first power generator that uses solid-oxide fuel cells,...