Job Title: Android / Linux Engineer
Duration: 3-6 months (extendable contract)
Location: Santa Clara-CA
The role also requires:
- In this position you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and test of embedded software within a very dynamic small group setting.
- The primary responsibility will be development and commercializing Location technology/GPS solutions on Android/Linux OS across a wide range of hardware platforms.
- An ideal candidate has minimum 2 years industry experience in related work areas.
- Good understanding of basic real-time/embedded programming concepts & real time operating systems concepts is required.
- Must be proficient in C/C++.
- Experience in Java is a plus.
- Candidate should have good analytical and problem solving skills and willingness to learn.
- Must be familiar with GIT.
- Ability to work as part of a dedicated project team and independently is essential.
- Strong software debugging skills on embedded real time operating systems.
- GPS & Location knowledge is a plus.
- Top 3 Non-Negotiable Skill sets:
- 1). C, C++
- 2). GIT tool experience
- 3). Embedded experience
- Userspace Hardware Abstraction Layer and Android Framework design, development, testing and maintenance for various components of OS.
- Drivers bring-up on embedded platform for new QCT chipsets.
- Port new Location technologies/GPS features into existing chipsets.
- Analyzing customer requirement, and assisting customers with software design, integration, development, debugging, handling customer Q&A, OEM Documentation.
- Interfacing closely with internal developers, application engineers and test teams, analyze issues, fixing bugs, release patches, etc.
RJT Compuquest - 16 months ago