Working with the Regional EHS Manager successfully integrate Safety into the functional operation of the facility by implementing systems, processes and procedures to prevent injuries to our associates and minimize the environmental impact of our operations. The ultimate goal is to achieve “zero harm” to our employees and those affected by our business operations.
This position reports to the Facility General Manager
- Provide local EHS leadership by partnering with operational business functions to enable efficient knowledge transfer of key skills to managers, supervisors and employees.
- Build effective programs to ensure that all operations are fully compliant with Federal, State and local laws.
- Implement a comprehensive total facility inspection process to maintain regulatory compliance, ensure continuous improvement and facilitate the transfer of best practices across the business.
- Develop and implement local initiatives that provide effective solutions to current, and anticipate, the changing business needs to build and sustain a world-class safety culture.
- In conjunction with the Regional EHS Manager and business, develop annual safety plans which adequately budget for, and address, the changing needs of the business.
- Manage and report on established company metrics while developing maintaining regional and local metrics which add value to the operations.
- Manage relationship with workers compensation, medical resources, and Regional Safety Organization to establish systems which provide appropriate care for associates and support the needs of the business.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve the knowledge and skill of the facility supervisors to improve systems and positively impact the safe operations of the business.
- Implement and actively participate on both local Safety Committee and weekly Workers Compensation conference calls.
- Provide initial and annual OSHA, required training and maintain all required regulatory recordkeeping processes.
- Maintain all facility required environmental permitting including but not limited to RCRA/HazWoper, PSM, Stormwater, and SPCC and provide training as required.
- In conjunction with the Regional EHS Manager develop and implement an Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) in accordance with OSHA requirements.
Working Safely is a C ondition of Employment at C&S - An Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong management, organizational and communication skills
- Proven track record of success through the development of multiple, meaningful, interpersonal relationships through the ability to influence, and skill to coach all levels of the facility
- Excellent verbal and written skills as well as proficiency with EHS technology solutions, Microsoft Office Software and data management systems.
- BS/BA in an environmental or safety related discipline.
- Actively pursuing appropriate professional designations, as well as current participation in a professional association.
- 5+ years direct experience in fast paced, multi-location business environment .
C&S Wholesale Grocers - 10 months ago