THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Reporting to the Vice President for Americas Programs, the PM has the overall responsibility for the development, implementation, coordination, and management of the Guam BOS contract. With full authority to act for Exelis Systems Corporation, has responsibility for the overall effective management and allocation of the resources necessary to meet contract requirements, deliverables, and technical performance in accordance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS). The Project Manager shall be readily available during regular working hours. For contingencies/emergencies, the Project Manager shall be available on-site within two hours.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Establishes policies and procedures for performance and control of all project business management functions and technical support.
2. Ensures that quality standards are applied to all levels of the work and measured for effectiveness.
3. Monitors the performance of department, branch, and section managers/supervisors and the submissions of required reports and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL).
4. Leads the Exelis Systems workforce in implementing partnering with Customers to continuously improve performance and business relations.
5. Serves as the principle liaison between Exelis Systems and the Customer on this contract.
6. Directs and approves contract modifications, approves budgets, monitors contractual performance and costs, and takes action to correct discrepant conditions.
7. Maintains working knowledge of Navy and Air Force data processing systems as they relate to the contract’s total logistical responsibility, including the ability to implement future programs, ability to plan for mobilization and reserve component logistical training and support, military correspondence, and chain of command.
8. Provides guidance, direction, and supervision to Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Training, Security, Safety, Environment.
9. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal Computer, printers, calculators, FAX and Copy machines, digital scanners and other general office equipment. Office Automation including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, AWRDS, Maintenance Workbench, SDS, and MAXIMO.
Work is generally conducted in the office or shop environment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.
Work will require lifting up to 50 lbs, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where
a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing
protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Education/Certifications: Two years related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration/Management, based on a four-year course of study from a U.S. accredited college, university or equivalent institution required..
A minimum of five to ten years in progressively increasing leadership positions, preferably in business administration, management, and multi-functional base operations. Specific NAVFAC installation and/or regional-level experience preferred. Field manager plus supervisory capacity in a remote location is highly desirable but not mandatory.
Excellent computer, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Must display behaviors that embrace the Leadership Competency model: Create the Future, Deliver Results, Build Through Teamwork, Inspire Commitment, and Lead With Character. Demonstrate and champion ITT Exelis Vision and Values of Respect, Responsibility, and Integrity.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
ITT Exelis - 23 months ago