** Must be min 1 year clean and stable from mental health or substance abuse recovery, and willing to use this as a basis for service delivery*** 20 to 32 hours per week
A Peer Support Specialist is an individual who possesses a unique perspective to treatment, due to his/her own experience with serious and persistent Mental Illness and/or Substance Use. The Peer Support Specialist draws from his/her personal growth experience to carry the message of hope and recovery to the guests in the Crisis programs. Much of this support is offered in a coaching/mentoring manner, where the Peer Support Specialist cultivates and secures a connection with the guest, while teaching personal responsibility and serving as a mentor and role model on the recovery and wellness process.
Peer Support Specialist will interact, support and mentor guests who are working to regain control over their own lives and over their own recovery process.
Position Requirements - Essential
1. Must possess, as a minimum, a High School Diploma or GED.
2. Life experience that allows individuals to identify self as peer.
3. Diagnosis of Mental Illness and/or Substance Abuse.
4. Demonstrate ability to effectively represent the department and Agency by articulating and actively supporting the mission of Hope Network to various audiences by conveying the most positive image possible.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal format to meet position responsibilities
6. Ability to work autonomously and as a team.
7. Ability to obtain Michigan Peer Support Specialist Certification once hired.
8. Ability to meet credentialing standards of the agency.
Hope Network - 21 months ago