Linux / UNIX Administrator 3
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Linux / UNIX Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team supporting the US Postal Service. This is a contract to provide USPS Information Technology with professional, technical and support services to support the application development, database production support, help desk administration, LAN administration and various requirements for distributed technical support throughout the USPS enterprise.
The Mid-range System Administration teams provide UNIX / Linux System Administration services for an assigned set of US Postal Service applications. The scope includes analyzing and troubleshooting Solaris/Linux bare metal & VM environments; document, refine and retool the process with Incident, Problem and Change Management responsibilities.
***This will be a 12hr shift, 8am – 8pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday with 4 hours of weekly progress reporting and team meetings***.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 6 years experience is preferred, but 10 years technical experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- UNIX/ Linux System Administration
- User management
- User Support / Problem resolution.
- Contributor to Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
- Experience using Remedy ITSM Module
- Ability to troubleshoot problems from the application tier, through the OS and Network tiers.
- A minimum of 5 years of UNIX experience
- Senior status for the following products: Solaris 9,10; AIX;
Linux (SUSE); VERITAS, VM, VxVM, VxFS,VCS.
- Senior in UNIX / Linux OS Administration & maintenance
- Must be able to obtain a USPS Sensitive Security Clearance
Experience working with:
- Red hat
- Process Implementation and documentation
- Installation and maintenance of OS experience
- Ability to execute and troubleshoot patching problems from all tiers
- Current USPS Sensitive Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 11 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...