Linux Systems Engineer
US - MA - Boston
More information about this job:
The Linux Systems Engineer is a full-time position responsible for the pro-active monitoring, troubleshooting, and second-level support for Rapid7’s production, testing and office computing environment. The Infrastructure Team is also responsible for OS and application deployment, patching, network monitoring and a variety of other tasks related to the operational status of the production systems.
Collaboration with other teams on architectural changes and other development and testing processes is integral to the position.
Working with the IT teams in other geographical and organizational parts of Rapid7, proactively manage key the technologies that support world class software engineering, product development, customer support, sales and executive teams. Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to, troubleshooting and root cause analysis of multi-tier issues, designing and proposing short and long term solutions as well as designing and maintaining enterprise class monitoring systems. Other responsibilities include project work related to upgrading, replacing outdated or designing new technologies. Some after hours and on call rotation work will be required.
- 4+ years in Linux administration
- 2+ years Netapp SAN
- JIRA and Confluence experience desired but not required.
- Excellent communication skills
- In depth knowledge of major Linux distributions, such as Debian/Ubuntu or RedHat/Centos/Fedora and corresponding tools
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange especially as related to Linux/Unix integration, such as LDAP, SMTP, SSL CAs, Kerberos/nfsv4, etc.
- 3+ years Shell/bash programming experience
- Experience with one or more higher level scripting languages, such as perl, python, ruby, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting network issues, knowledge of TCP, facility with network debugging tools, network management best practices.
- Experience configuring and maintaining nagios or other widely installed fault monitoring system.
- Experience managing and configuring Network Appliance Filers, DataONTap, and related technologies
- Puppet administration and configuration experience.
- Experience with enterprise SAN systems, such as HDS, EMC.
- Tomcat administration experience, troubleshooting issues such as memory problems, security configurations, etc.MRTG/Cacti/Ganglia type system and network performance monitoring
Rapid7 - 17 months ago
Rapid7 is the leading provider of security risk intelligence solutions. Rapid7's integrated vulnerability management and penetration testing...