Under the supervision of a Program Specialist/Program Coordinator, participates in the initial assessment, intervention, planning and re-evaluation of residents needs based on behaviors. Acts as case manager for assigned residents. Serves as a role model for residents on and off grounds for various activities. Instructs, assists, and monitors residents in accordance with rehabilitation plans. Assists in providing a safe and therapeutic environment according to established policies and procedures.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Orients new residents staff members, visitors, and volunteers to the program.
- Functions as a team member to develop rehabilitation plans that meet resident's needs. Act as a case manager for assigned caseloads of residents, depending on program assignment.
- Observes resident's behavior to assess their level of functioning. Serving as a role model to residents, instructs, assists, and monitors the day-to-day program activities (e.g., individual and group social, recreational, and daily living activities on grounds and off grounds on community trips. Guides and directs residents in maintaining rules and basic program guidelines. Observes, assesses, and records resident behaviors. Observes and records resident vital signs and medication compliance.
- Assists in providing a safe and therapeutic environment according to established policies and procedures. Provides additional and or relief coverage as indicated by staff shortages and or unexpected or unusual clinical needs of the residents.
- Completes written documentation of rehabilitation plan, services, behaviors, and progress in compliance with Mosaic and program standards. Reports pertinent observations to rehabilitation team.
- Participates in the evaluation of program effectiveness and efficiency and works to ensure continuous improvements quality of services.
1. Work requires the ability to read, write, and speak English well enough to maintain documentation. High School Diploma/GED.
2. Must have 6 months to 1 year of industry related experience.
3. Must possess valid driver's license at time of hire. Must have a current driving license with less than 3 points on it at the time of hire.
4. Must have a vehicle during working hours and utilize that vehicle for work related duties, including transporting clients as necessary.
5. Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to establish therapeutic relationships with mentally ill residents and to communicate and work effectively with residents in accordance with rehabilitation plans.
6. Must possess analytical skills sufficient to handle routine administrative details, such as completing Program reports.
7. Work requires standing and walking, walking up and down stairs to monitor residents and participatein program activities, driving program vehicle to transport residents, and the ability to physically assist residents with daily tasks.
Check out the Mosaic video showing our commitment to our clients, employees, and community http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Ox9y-_dB8
Mosaic Community Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mosaic Community Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard