Job ID : 2013-16476
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 3/25/2013
Job Location: US-MA-Boston
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Inventory Analyst assists the Inventory Manager in the detailed analysis of inventory with specific responsibilities relating to forecasting and scheduling for a product line. Also assist with defined list management activities for all product lines within the division.
1. Assist the Inventory Manager in monitoring all ISBNs in the Math list.
2. Daily review of pertinent reports to identify titles that need to be planned or reprinted – corporate minimum, free copy backorders, ALC tracking, and hot list.
3. Work with marketing to approve/deny stock requests for International locations depending on price and stock availability.
4. Oversee the Automatic Replenishment Program (ARP) – setup/submit new titles, trigger reprints for backorders/custom requests, update past due dates, and maintain adequate inventory levels.
5. Maintenance of PCS/IMS data system to include estimated revision dates, revised edition ISBNs and adding ISBNs to the forecasting and planning domain.
6. Submission of various requests to Title Maintenance (i.e., substitution maintenance) for product revisions.
7. Create ad hoc reports as needed; Business Objects (query based searches) knowledge a plus.
8. Assist with the annual forecasting exercise to be completed in January of each year.
9. Prepare for reprint meetings with Editorial with suggested print quantities to include NYP titles as well as backlist titles.
10. Release print quantities to manufacturing in a timely manner
11. Facilitate backorder maintenance - Backordered package titles to be submitted to Value Pack Group with PO quantity to Assemble or to product roll packages with revised editions. Backordered component titles are to be highlighted for expedited handling.
12. Assist in review and approval of Custom usage requests for inventory titles.
13. Help in obsolescence reviews – destroys to be submitted twice a year to Business Manager for approval before sending to warehouse (March and October) All excess titles to be included with partial destroy.
14. Recommendations of OP titles to Editorial
15. Review of all Value Pack requests to ensure availability of stock and viability of titles.
Minimum of 2 years of operations experience, preferably in inventory management. BA/BS strongly preferred.
Must have strong analytical (Excel) and verbal/written communication skills. Must be team oriented and able to pick up tasks quickly. Spreadsheet analysis and email/phone contact are integral parts of the job.
Pearson Education - 17 months ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...