Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Tech
We are currently seeking a career minded Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance Technicians for our plant located in Lewisburg, TN
RockTenn (NYSE: RKT)
RockTenn is one of North America’s leading manufacturer of paperboard, containerboard, consumer and corrugated packaging and one of the world’s largest paper recyclers.
Over the years, RockTenn has outpaced its peers in revenues, profitability, EBITDA and stock price. We have done this by creating and following a bold strategy of: exceeding our customers’ expectations every time, creating long-term shareholder value and encouraging and rewarding employee excellence.
Since its founding in 1936, RockTenn has focused on developing packaging and paperboard products that bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders.
The company now operates approximately 240 facilities across the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and China. We employ 26,000 employees and are North America’s largest paper recycler, largest display manufacture, largest pre-print linerboard producer, 2nd largest producer of containerboard and corrugated packaging, 2nd largest producer of coated recycled paperboard, and 2nd largest producer of folding cartons.
Primary duties include providing safe and timely mechanical and electrical support, preventative maintenance, installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and resolution of multiple operating machines within a manufacturing industrial environment. The ideal candidate will have mechanical and electrical experience, a familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics and have basic troubleshooting experience with proven ability of machine repair.
High school diploma or equivalent
Military training and or Technical School preferred
- 2-3 years of Electro-Mechanical Automation System Installation & Troubleshooting Experience.
- An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls and power transmission systems.
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- A strong PLC trouble shooting and problem solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Must be fully computer literate with Microsoft environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to work various shifts / overtime / days per week.
- Corrugated background is a plus, but not required
At RockTenn, we seek to be the most respected in the industry. Our employees are committed to exceeding their customers’ expectations – every time. If you enjoy this shared commitment to excellence and discovering value where others haven’t we would like you to consider RockTenn as your employer of choice.
RockTenn Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V