The Provider Consultant will provide consultation services to develop and maintain positive relationships with health care providers that result in optimal outcomes for providers, members and Humana.
- Liaison with health care providers for performance management of reimbursement arrangements, maximization of revenue, cost management, achievement of quality incentives and membership growth strategies
- Coordinate and facilitate regularly scheduled provider meetings to discuss operational and strategic initiatives and improvements
- Single point of contact for Medicare related issues
- Collaborate & coordinate with all internal partners in order to develop professional & comprehensive information, ideas and plans with providers
- Accountable for follow-through and follow-up
- Builds Trust: You honor your word by doing what you say you are going to do.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: You introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. Acting as both a broker and consultant regarding resources, you engage others in problem solving without taking over.
- Strong relationship building skills, preferably in a provider relations/network environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to travel locally and overnight with no restrictions
- Minimum high school diploma is required to be employed at Humana
- Prior experience in a fast-paced health insurance, health care or related setting
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
Work Environment Type
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Humana - 2 years ago
Humana Inc. (Humana) is a full-service benefits solutions company, offering an array of health and supplemental benefit plans for employer...