Duties & Responsibilities: Performs a variety clerical functions/processes for the Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC). Position responsible for processing WIC clients such as enroll, vouchers, daily and monthly reports. Detailed oriented; must be able to work efficiently and independently. Self-starter. Fast paced work environment. MUST be organized. MUST pass periodic WIC proficiency program audits and complete disclosure of family members receiving WIC services.
Minimum Training & Experience: High school diploma or GED and two years of clerical/secretarial related experience.
- Serves as liaison between the program/administrative/technical operation and clients; determines the nature of client's business and provides appropriate information and assistance. Refers to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Responsible for the issuance of vouchers to participants of the Georgia WIC Program.
- Conducts comprehensive clerical research using a variety of resources to generate reports and respond to requests.
- Enters data from forms, records and/ore reports using a computer. Codes information as appropriate. Prepares memos, correspondence, forms and other documents.
- Follows security procedures over all WIC documents and equipment as set forth by the Georgia WIC Branch Policies and Procedures.
- Meets state requirements on System Maintenance Indicators.
- Provides quality customer service to all participants.
- Retrieves, screens, opens and distributes incoming mail. Prepares for delivery and sends outgoing documents and other materials. Copies and distributes documents and other materials.
- Maintains filing and record keeping systems.
One year at the Clerk, Working Level or at an equivalent position.
Two years of college or Associate degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous Public Health and WIC experience. Computer experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data entry, etc.) Bi-lingual (Spanish language) a plus. Work requires experience managing multiple duties simultaneously.
Additional Information: To apply, click the red " APPLY...Add to My Jobs! " button below and complete the on-line Application. In addition, the hiring agency also requires the following:
Must demonstrate excellent customer service and oral communication skills, to effectively interact with all levels of departmental personnel and outside customers.
Only those selected for interview will receive notice.
- Equal Opportunity Employer*
Applicants chosen for employment will be subject to: Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting & Reference Checks
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...