Functional Area(s): Administrative Professionals
Department: At General Mills, you’ll find opportunities across the organization for administrative support roles. While working on our brands and with the best professionals in the business, you’ll work with everyone from leadership teams to product development specialists to accounting and logistics professionals.
This position supports our Supply Chain Operations in our Snacks Division. We’re the leader in fruit and grain snacks with Nature Valley, Chex Mix and Fiber One brands, as well as fruit flavored snacks such as Fruit Roll-Ups.
Job Description: General Mills is seeking a Staff Assistant to provide support for the Snacks Platform Supply Chain team. In this role you will perform a variety of tasks in support of the division, project-related duties, and data entry for Supply Chain responsibilities.
In this role you will:
- Schedule and coordinate logistics of small and large group meetings, both on and offsite
- Calendar management for Directors in Supply Chain
- Travel arrangements and expenses reports for extended group
- Order and organize the division’s office supplies, including leveraging minority vendors and a budget
- Routine tasks including file organization and management, ordering materials or gifts, mailing, and coordinating printing for meetings
- Data input into excel spreadsheets to enable streamlined data flow to key stakeholders; this includes keeping the master plan updated, weekly meetings with service and volume performance
- Plan and coordinate large offsite functions/meetings, including collaboration with the extended technical community
- Serve as a backup for other Administrative Assistants in the Snacks division when necessary
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 5 years previous related experience
- Strong computer skills and experience with Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, planning and organizing skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Communication and interpersonal skills are key to working effectively across all levels of the organization
- Strong initiative and innovation mindset
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2012 global net sales of US$16 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Job ID: 51865680
General Mills Inc. - 19 months ago
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills...