The Senior DBA will have the primary responsibility for managing the databases that constitute critical part of
our product offerings. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Design and implement database schemas and manage database releases on test and production servers
- Define and implement large high performance and high availability secure database solutions
- Setup and support MySQL replication servers.
- Perform database load testing and benchmarking
- Measure and analyze DB performance and implement changes to improve performance
- Prepare and support database queries and reporting requirements
- Preparing technical documentation for end user training
- Participating software development projects as required
Four year college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar technical degree. Plus a minimum of 5 years experience as a MySQL DBA. MySQL and Linux experience is required, as well as experience supporting database intensive web-based, distributed applications. Also required:
Multi-threading applications on a multi-core architecture
Hands on experience with Web technologies, Rich internet Applications, J2EE application architectures, RDBMS design, XML, XSD, and related technologies.
Strong interpersonal, orginization, and analytical skills.
US Citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance
GIS and Mapping tools, RDBMS (MySQL and/or Oracle) administration, performance tuning and load testing skills; Linux High Availability Clusters, and J2EE applications.
Familiarity with DOD Information Assurance policies and Database Checklists.
Cubic Corporation - 21 months ago
Who We Are
Cubic is a diversified systems and services company in transportation and defense markets worldwide. We are a leading technology...