The Materials Manager has the responsibility for managing all material planning, movement, and control activities.
1. The following functions report to the Materials Manager: Materials Planning, Production Control, Inventory, Warehouse, Shipping and Receiving.
2. To ensure all work carried out is in accordance to the quality system and that all material provided to internal and external customers is representative of a high quality standard
- Manage the materials planning, project planning, production control, warehouse, shipping, receiving, and assure that these tasks are accomplished in a timely and productive manner such that the appropriate material is provided to Manufacturing or the customer on a timely basis.
- Drive standardization and optimization of materials management processes.
- Give materials feedback to Customer Services, Engineering, and Manufacturing to lower costs and improve quality.
- Lead projects to improve materials management and align processes with SAP.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Experience supervising staff in materials, planning or inventory operations.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience with production planning and scheduling in the fabrication or manufacturing industry.
- Experience with oil and gas services and equipment would be an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Expertise with SAP software, its modules related to materials, MRP, planning and manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of overall SAP systems structure and best practices for business processes and integration.
- Primavera Project Management software knowledge an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with internal teams and customers.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and competing demands.
- Education related to Manufacturing or engineering management.|