This position is responsible for generating new core deposit business. The emphasis is to establish Deposit Management relationships. This position requires an expertise in private banking as well as short-term money management. Deposit Management Relationship Officers are expected to model exemplary client service behavior, and to recognize cross-selling opportunities to Commercial Lending, Residential Mortgage and Investment Management in an attempt to create strategic relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Sales and Client Service
•Generate new core deposit relationships with the Bank’s Deposit Management services. Responsible for selling all, Boston Private Bank Deposit products, and Liquidity Asset Management Program (Off Balance Sheet/Fee Service/Sweep Repurchase Agreements).
•Market Bank’s Cash Management products and services and is therefore expected to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to establish new clients and to provide expertise in demonstrations internally and externally.
•Provide short-term money management expertise for Bank’s Deposit Management clients. This includes managing clients’ day to day banking needs involving operating accounts and cash management products, from overnight liquidity positions out to one year maturities.
•Account Management responsibilities include being primary contact and officer for all new client relationships established, as well as for existing relationships which requires knowledge of general banking operations as it relates to account management for these clients.
•Build internal and external relationships through exceptional problem solving, ownership and follow-through. Provide a high level of personalized sales and service support to key client and Strategic Relationships within the Bank.
•All other duties as required.
•Consistently meet/exceed sales, and cross-selling referral, to integrate client relationships among the bank’s four core business groups
•Respond to difficult or complex product and service inquiries from clients, team and business partners.
•Ensure compliance of Federal, State and local laws as well as BPB&TC policies and procedures.
•Oversee income & expense management to minimize office losses and prevent fraud.
•All Other Duties as Required
All Boston Private Bank & Trust Company employees are expected to adhere to the following competencies:
• Client Focus - Dedicated to meeting the needs of internal and external clients; listens effectively
and establishes and maintains relationships and gains client’s trust and respect.
• Ethics, Integrity and Trust - Considers ethical issues before decisions are made and seeks to
achieve results that are in the best interest of the Bank.
• Ownership, Accountability, Responsibility and Compliance - Takes ownership of tasks,
projects, and relationships and follows through on obligations and promises.
• Self Development and Learning - Personally committed to learning and actively works to
continuously develop professionally.
• Teamwork and Collaboration -Works collaboratively; finds common ground and solves problems
for the good of all and can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to the team.
Individual Contributor Competencies:
• Decision Making and Problem Solving -Makes decisions in a timely manner, uses a mixture of
analysis, experience and judgment to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Informing and Communicating - Proactively communicates information to colleagues up, down
and across the organization, provides updates on projects, tasks and potential roadblocks.
• Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and sets objectives and
• Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her
efforts on important priorities and completes tasks and/or projects on time.
-5+ years of experience in Sales/Banking required
Boston Private Bank & Trust Company - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard