Under administrative direction from the Whittemore School's Director of Executive Development Programs, plan and manage the scheduling, delivery and registration process associated with several open enrollment executive education programs; responsible for all administrative, logistical and participant and instructor support; work with the Director in developing marketing strategies and determining target audiences; assist in the development of new programs and course materials; prepare and edit promotional materials.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree and four years of related experience as indicated.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1. Interpersonal and written communications skills.
2. Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
3. Coordination, planning, problem solving and prioritization skills.
4. Strong customer service skills.
5. Must be a self-directed team player and willing to take initiative
6. Willingness to work occasionally outside regular office hours with the possibility of some travel.
7. Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc. in a business network setting. The ability to navigate the Web required. Experience or willingness to learn, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, registration and payment systems, Constant Contact and other CRM systems, Basic HTML, web design, web analytics, and Database management.
Additional Job Information:
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following required documents at the time of application: cover letter and resume.
Is this position responsible for the supervision of staff?
Yes, this position is responsible for supervision
If yes, what kind of staff does this person supervise?
Work Study Students/Hourly Students
Background check may be required prior to employment.
The University of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. The university seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged.
40-Technical and Paraprofessional
Additional Salary Information:
Position is 20 to 30 hours per week with some flexibility.
Occasional nights and weekends required to support programs.
Must be willing to travel on occasion.
- Responsible for all details of program coordination, logistics and operations. Coordinate and manage on-site physical facilities and services to meet individual participant and program needs; including registrations, available services, on-site setup, AV equipment, catering, course material orders and special activities. Troubleshoot and solve unanticipated problems. Arrange back-up and logical solutions to challenges involving faculty and participant requests.
- Serve as liaison between Executive Education, the University and outside vendors to meet program needs. Work with vendors to negotiate pricing and contracts.
- Assist internal and external instructors/faculty with course materials and program logistics
- Responsible for the overall assurance of delivery of high quality educational training programs. Develop and establish applicable policies and procedures to ensure the successful delivery of programs.
- Manage a complex on-line registration process (via eVents) for multiple programs including the creation of new event pages, ensure accurate program information and fees, and monitor enrollment to maximum numbers. Resolve complex registration and payment issues.
- Manage open enrollment scholarships, employee tuition discounts, alumni discounts, and other special pricing scenarios.
- Assist in evaluating and adjusting course curriculum or presentation through student evaluations. Based on course evaluations and feedback by instructors and students, advise Director of need for revision in existing programs. Work directly with instructors to review course format when required.
- Organize webcasts, information sessions, instructor orientations and special events.
- Assist in the development of new programs and course materials.
- Cross train to support custom programs when needed.
- Work with the Business Service Center to track budget and revenue for all open programs.
Promotion & Marketing
- Act as liaison with program participants to ensure the overall program design meets needs and desired outcomes.
- Troubleshoot and respond to inquiries from the public, clients, faculty, students, and registrants on all aspects of program.
- Assist clients with travel, accommodations, parking, and other needs.
- In cooperation with other School and University departments, develop promotional and marketing materials for open enrollment executive development training programs, including web-based communications and social media outlets. Monitor and contribute to external social media sites and outlets, and seek out new outlets.
- Maintain and optimize EDP website.
- Assist with and coordinate advertising plan, budget, execution, and evaluation.
- Work with Director in the development of marketing strategies to reach companies, organizations and individuals interested in executive-level learning opportunities.
- Follow-up via email, phone, or in person to convert potential new sponsoring companies and individuals to program enrollments.
- Implement internal and external promotions. Create, generate and produce all print and electronic program materials (press releases, correspondence, brochures, etc.). Update and edit copy and electronic materials as required.
- Ensure course materials are complete, accurate and high quality.
- Research and contact organizations, companies, and sponsors for new, best and expanded markets as requested.
- Collect necessary demographic data from participants and maintain databases for marketing purposes.
Plymouth State University - 2 years ago