Evenings and nights
General Statement of Duties :
Working under the supervision and guidance of a Respiratory Therapist, the student will assess, treat and care for patients with pulmonary disease processes or respiratory care orders. Primarily responsible for noninvasive respiratory care modalities, maintaining patient records and operations of respiratory care equipment.
Essential Job Functions :
1. Sets up and operates therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable medical products, following specific parameters for treatment.
2. Provides emergency care, including artificial ventilation, external cardiac message, and assists with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
3. Evaluates requirements for treatment, such as treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, medication and dosage, in accordance with physician orders.
4. Monitors physiological response to therapy, such as vital signs, pulse oximetry, auscultation, and consults with the preceptor and/or shift supervisor for changes in patient status.
5. Reads prescriptions, and reviews patient information to assess the patient's condition.
6. Works as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to manage patient care, enforce safety rules, and ensures adherence to the physician's orders.
Minimum Education and Experience :
Must be currently enrolled in a state approved respiratory care program, and has completed one semester of clinical practicum.
No experience required.
HCA Inc - 20 months ago
The Methodist Hospital, established in Houston, Texas, in 1919, is one of the nation's largest private, non-profit hospitals and is a...