The Business Office Manager is responsible for the effective operations of the campus Business Office. Primary responsibilities include the Business Office’s compliance with all established policies and procedures of Strayer University; promoting an environment that is both student-centered and fully compliant with established University guidelines and regulations from accreditors and external agencies; and attaining and exceeding expectations in regards to quarterly and annual collection goals, bad debt management, and student registration guidelines. The Business Office Manager is a member of the campus’ management team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Promotes a work environment that is positive, student-centered, and compliant with established policies and procedures.
• Monitors the activities of the Business Office staff to ensure compliance with established guidelines regarding student financial assistance programs and provides established collection and audit goals.
• Assists in the hiring process of new Business Office staff and provides performance feedback to current Business Office staff.
• Implements activities to promote quarterly collection rates in excess of 98% and maintains associated bad expenses below established University standards. This includes follow-up activities related to sponsor billing, timely collection of promissory payments, and placing delinquent accounts into the collections process as outlined by the University.
• Ensures that monies owed to the University are received, posted, and deposited accurately and in a timely manner.
• Ensures that the finalization of student registrations are in accordance with established University policy.
• In conjunction with the Campus Director, approves eligible adjustments to student accounts.
• Timely and accurately responds to student inquiries regarding Business Office functions and generates related documents needed by students (current and past).
• Ensures that campus facilities, including classrooms, learning resource center, and computer lab are maintained in a professional manner with necessary resources and are operational and available to students, faculty and staff.
• Attends staff meetings as appropriate; reviews activities and statistical reports with Campus Director and the campus’ management team.
• Monitors inventory of consumable supplies and other expenses, creates purchase orders, and submits campus invoices for payment and assists the Accounting division with year-end close out.
• Ensures that the University’s established Mission and Standards of Ethical Conduct are fully upheld.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required with program-majors in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
• At least two years of managing two or more subordinates is required.
• Experience in working with Federal Student Financial Aid programs is preferred.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, and strong managerial skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting, collections, and financial aid processes.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
If you are seeking a growing organization where you can use your talents to help others achieve their goals, come lead our team. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including a 90% tuition discount and significant career growth opportunities.
Strayer University has been successfully educating working adults since 1892. Through the years we've grown to become a respected national...