IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
The Behavioral Tech functions as a member of the Nursing Team in providing a basic level of general and psychiatric care for the patients on the Neurorehabilitation Unit, including individual therapy, leading group therapy (process groups), fully assisting patients with ADL's, secondary care to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
The Behavior Technician provides client support and supervision throughout the shift including activities of daily living, behavior monitoring and crisis management.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Provide Resource Room programming including:
1. ongoing monitoring of targeted behaviors
2. provision of reinforcement/consequences as described in behavior plans
3. facilitate group therapy sessions
4. provide individual behavioral training sessions
5. supervise individual and group activities
B. Activities of Daily Living
1. supervision/assistance with showering and dressing
2. supervision/assistance with eating
3. supervision/assistance with bowel and bladder issues
C. Crisis Management
1. assist clients to calm through verbal interventions
2. assist clients to calm using physical intervention when needed
D. Nursing assignments
1. including checks and 1:1 supervision.
High School diploma required.
Previous experienced preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/PeopleFirst employee Click Here .
The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business as well as...