Education, Certification & Licenses:|
operating delivery vehicle exceeding 26,000 lb. Gross Vehicle Weight
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver#s license
- Clean driving record
- Class B Commercial Driver#s License (CDL ), only required for
- Department of Transportation (DOT) qualification
state CDL may be required.
- Experience in the delivery of small packages preferred. Depending on
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Experience in the use of pallet jacks, hand trucks and forklift
products. Familiarity with scanner and GIS devices preferred.
- Experience using POD or tablet device in the scanning of customer
Work Conditions, Physical and Sensory Requirements:
up to 2,500 pounds
- Ability to transport single cartons up to 75 pounds as needed
- Ability to use manual pallet jacks to transport pallets of products
- Ability to work in all types of weather due to various climate
- Repetitive lifting of paper, continuous climbing in and out of
walking including stairs
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time, continuous
English language (English competency).
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the
- Ability to represent the company professionally when making customer
such as teamwork, attendance, customer service, productivity, etc
- Have good job performance and behavior as measured through indicators
- Basic product knowledge
- Knowledge of operation of power/mobile equipment
- Ability to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and
to business needs and changes
- Geographical knowledge of the delivery service area
- Ability to read and understand a map
- Ability to upsell
- Must be a team player and be flexible in their day to day routine due
The Specialist, Delivery is responsible for delivering customer orders
in a productive, time sensitive and customer sensitive manner on a daily
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
1. Load, unload and secure product to ensure customers receive clean
and damage free merchandise,
2. Delivers product to customer locations meeting established delivery
goals. Collect and track customer returns within a specified time frame.
3. Operate delivery vehicles in a safe and lawful manner. Responsible
for the vehicle and its contents.
4. Communicate customer feedback to sales and/or supervisory personnel.
Contribute ideas and suggestions for improvements utilizing LEAN
5. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax Core Values and adherence to
established Standard Operating Procedures.
6. Complete daily route and all appropriate paperwork. Communicate
obstacles in Tier meeting that prohibit us from meeting our established
7. Operate hand truck, dollies and pallet jacks as needed.
8. Perform job functions consistent with all company safety policies
and practices. Complete daily pre and post trip checklists.
9. Per OfficeMax core values be aware and provide new business sales
leads to supervisory staff when possible.
10. Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
11. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace –...