With over 2,900 clients, SecureWorks has become one of the leading Security as a Service providers safeguarding more organizations 24x7 than any other vendor. Positioned in the Leader's Quadrant in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs), SecureWorks is the only named leader that focuses exclusively on information security services. SecureWorks protects our clients through our on-demand Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platform augmented with applied security research and 100% GIAC-certified experts.
SecureWorks has won SC Magazine's "Best Managed Security Service" award for 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 and has been named to the Inc 500 and Deloitte lists of fastest-growing companies.
This is a MySQL DBA position responsible for the 24x7 availability of mission critical Internet databases in our production environment. There is a high expectation in availability, performance and scalability to support the tremendous growth of various Internet services provided by the company. Daily activities will include supporting critical Oracle databases, doing monitoring and space management, reviewing and implementing schema design, fine tuning database and SQL statements. This person must have Datawarehouse experience and will work in a cross-function environment with project managers, engineers, system and network administrators to roll out new services.
- DBA experience with other databases like DB2/Oracle/SQL Server is a big plus
- Data warehousing experience.
- Proven experience in supporting 24x7 high volume production OLTP databases
- Extensive knowledge of MySQL internals, replication etc.
- Familiar with various UNIX based O/S including Linux, AIX, Solaris etc.
- Excellent database performance tuning and capacity planning skills
- Familiar with various monitoring tools and scripts
- Familiar with various database backup and recovery strategies
- Experience with various features of MySQL ; like replication, partitioning, clustering etc.
- Experience in database designing and modeling
- Strong SQL tuning skills
- Good problem solving abilities
- Good people and communication skills
- Responsible for writing database-monitoring scripts, coming with best practices
- Use proactive approach to identify and improve databases performance
- Experimenting and implementing MySQL new features
- Migrating/upgrading databases and applying MySQL patches
- Willing to take shift, if required
- Detail oriented and able to work independently and in team environment
- BS degree in Information System or Computer Science or equivalent
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 21 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...