Hess Corporation, with headquarters in New York, is a global integrated energy company engaged in the exploration, production, purchase, transportation and sale of crude oil and natural gas, as well as the production and sale of refined petroleum products. More information on Hess Corporation is available at
· Will lead the technical support services team in operations for the ND Production organization.
· Reports to the M&R Team Lead - ND, and supervises the Drafting and GIS technicians, Document Controllers, and Project Controls.
· Assists Americas Production drive toward First Quartile performance in safety, environmental integrity, production optimization and cost management.
The Supervisor of Technical Services has responsibility for driving change and improved results in:
o Drafting/GIS support - supervising and developing support services in planning and managing small construction projects and optimizing reliability and efficiency of operations facilities.
o Document Management - oversight and direction of all asset documentation derived from project execution as well as technical documentation and management of overall ND management of change, quality control and ensure compliance to Hess specifications, codes and standards.
o Project Controls - oversight and development of maintaining positive influence in managing both Capital and Operating budgets through engagement in project execution, both interacting with Engineering and Construction.
Job scope includes managing an organization of ~6-8 employees.
· Build organizational capability in office and field staffs to meet current and future needs.
· Support M&R Team Lead efforts in continuous improvement towards Production Excellence goals.
· Achieve EHS goals through active support of policies and initiatives.
o Support and participate in safety efforts to attain 1Q performance.
o Support and participate in environmental integrity efforts to attain 1Q performance.
· Lead the Technical Services Organization.
o Lead and champion implementation and sustain Management of Change. Execute and manage change control process through technical authorities, approvals, and communications.
o Ensure activities related to records management, drafting, GIS, and project controls meet Company standards, specifications, practices and procedural requirements.
o Supervise the development, implementation and maintenance of records management (EDMS) program, ensuring protection of critical documents, access to important asset information to manage daily work and meet legal and compliance obligations.
o Ensure capital and operating budgets are achieved by appropriately preparing, monitoring and controlling. Engagement with engineering, maintenance, and construction execution, including maintaining cost control of contractor scope of work.
o Implement drafting and as-built standards and ensure compliance through holding accountability to function business departments within ND.
o Work closely with other departments and
to ensure there is coordinated approach and cost-effective process.
· 10-15 years relevant industry experience, or equivalent
· Experience with industry codes and standards, including API and ASME
· Self-motivated to learn and apply new technologies
· Perform effectively in a multitasking environment
· Ability to mentor and coach others
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with management, technical and operations staff
· Technical diploma (or equivalent training and experience) in a related discipline
Hess is an equal opportunity and military friendly employer.
Hess Corporation - 17 months ago
Integrated oil and gas company Hess Corporation has corporate exploration and production operations in Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan,...