[AGENCY DISCLAIMER: Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters can be found on cargill.com/careers]
QA Food Safety Superintendent B (CMS)
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Value Added Meats – Foodservice
is the preferred meat supplier to restaurant chains, healthcare facilities, colleges and universities, business and industry. Foodservice professionals throughout North America count on Cargill Value Added Meats for customer-focused meat solutions that blend culinary trends with labor-saving efficiency.
Cargill has an exciting opportunity available for a
Food Safety Superintendent
This position requires writing, revising, maintaining, implementing, auditing, and scoring of plant HACCP food safety systems and other regulatory programs. This position is also a liaison between USDA and the plant. This position has accountability in a medium to high complexity facility, and has the responsibility to report any food safety or quality concerns that they have and has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions. This role coordinates activities and feedback with support departments and other plants.
- 40% - Maintain current GHP, SSOP, HACCP and pre-requisite plans and records. Coordinate daily food safety reporting. Ensure that the food safety management system is established, implemented, maintained, and updated.
- 20% - Food Safety/action reporting including: incident investigations, C/A’s, preventive measures and audit responses. Coordinate all audits and traceability exercises.
- 15% - Training in plant employees on food safety programs and regulatory changes.
- 10% - Manager Sanitation and pest control HACCP team contracts and programs.
- 10% - Leads the food safety team as the food safety team leader. This role is to manage the food safety team and organize its work; ensure that relevant training and education of the food safety team; reports to top management on the effectiveness and suitability of the food safety management system.
- 5% - Assist with development and validations plans for plant/line expansions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Biological Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of laboratory, SPC and Plant processes.
- Knowledge of ASDA/CFIA government standards in food safety.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- 3 years experience in technical Services, i.e. Quality, Food Safety, Auditing etc.
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of laboratory, SPC and plant Processes.
- Strong understanding of USDA/CFIA government Standards in food safety
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Cargill - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...