Responsible for coordinating the care of patients across the continuum, ensuring and facilitating the achievement of quality, clinical and cost outcomes. Works collaboratively with physicians, social workers, registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary team as needed.
- Review charts for appropriateness of admission/continued stays
- Conducts follow up of any delay in treatment delivery or reporting of results.
- Monitors the effectiveness and timeliness of interventions and desired outcomes, and makes changes as needed in collaboration the team.
- Communicate with various departments when indicated to ensure tests that were ordered, are completed and followed up on:
- Communicates clinical information to payors as needed, coordinating direct communication between physician and payor medical director as required.
Per Diem - Every other Saturday
Registered Professional Nurse licensed to practice in the State of New York
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
PRI/Screen certification required
3-5 years clinical nursing experience in an acute care facility
Experience in Care Management
Understanding of regulatory and insurance requirements
Good oral and written communication skills
Proficiency in another language a plus
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center - 15 months ago
Mount Sinai Medical Center