Revolutionary design firm looking for a conceptual and technical Interior Designer with retail, restaurant and/or grocery store experience to join our unique, multi-disciplinary design studio in LA.
Shook Kelley is a coalition of passionate thinkers that use strategy and design to challenge conventional wisdom and advance some of the worlds greatest and most recognized brands. Our zeal and rebellious nature is a byproduct of our unwavering focus; we help entities that rely on physical places and spaces to reach their greater potential through meaningful human experiences. We accomplish this by using an atypical process involving a unique network of disciplines—including business, social science and a broad array of design disciplines—to radically reconsider the ways in which the great value exchange can happen between people and product providers.
Our ideal candidate has a gift for translating human insights and brand meaning, attitude and character into physical environments that are deliberate about influencing specified behaviors and perceptions. That means you can: use materials, furniture, space, color, etc to turn descriptive brand rhetoric into feelings, emotions and desires. This position requires the ability to convey the thought process behind your work as well as a knack for collaborating and productively managing the dynamics that accompany multiple cooks in the kitchen.
- Superb creative folio
- 10+ years of experience in leading or participating in the interior design of retail and/or restaurant projects
- Proven planning experience, including development of interior design concepts, space planning, expert knowledge of FF&E, planning codes, materials and budgets
- Strong ability to communicate and manage expectations of internal team members, clients and 3rd party consultants and contractors
- Track record for managing personal and project schedules on time and on budget
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Proficiency with Vectorworks and MAC-based systems is a plus
- Collaborates with design and implementation teams on retail/restaurant interiors projects from concept through implementation
- Uses space planning and interior design skills to translate the defined attitude and essence of the brands we work with to a meaningful human experience. Ultimately, the Senior Interior Designer is integral in bringing spaces to life in a way that supports the Client’s brand strategy and desired consumer behaviors.
- Presents design work internally and to external clients
- Heads coordination for the finished interior design plans on time and within budget including: selection of furniture systems, specifications and material selections required for construction
- Participates in the implementation of projects and review of submittals and finish samples
- Works with consultants, contractors, fabricators and specification writers to meet overall project objectives
- Shows future management potential through an ability to mentor team members and offer guidance
Please send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com and specifiy “Senior Interior Designer” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Archinect.com - 21 months ago