To repair castings to meet customer specifications by replacing metal in defective areas using various welding techniques.
Objective: to weld castings to customer and PCC specifications.
A. Reviews inspection/rework analyst paperwork and tech cards.
B. Identifies and inspects prepared areas needing repair.
C. Welds areas on castings using one or more techniques: Gas Tungstun Arc Welder (GTAW).
D. Welds in compliance with Process Control Procedures and external quality control standards including aerospace standards.
E. Welds repairs by placing castings on benches, fixtures or in bubble cabinets; uses mirrors to complete welds in difficult areas of castings as needed; wears necessary safety equipment.
F. Inspects front and back of completed welds to assure proper technique and adequate metal deposit.
2. Equipment Maintenance.
Objective: to maintain welding equipment in good working order.
A. Repairs torch heads, replaces power cables and performs minor maintenance on welding tools.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools.
C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
4. Completes logs and records.
5. Performs other tasks as directed.
1. Training is provided on the job.
2. Welding Tech Series courses as directed.
3. Alloy Certification and/or Titanium Certification (TBO) as directed.
4. GTAW Welding Certification as directed.
1. Advanced welding skills as demonstrated by completion of the PCC approved Welding Tech Series and Welding Certification in two applicable alloys or titanium at time of hire,
An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience, and completion of Certification to PCC Weld Test Standards.
2. 20/30 correctable vision in both eyes, and satisfactory passage of depth perception and color vision tests.
3. Good eye/hand coordination.
4. Ability to read and follow specifications on Tech Cards.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds and occasionally up to eighty pounds.
7. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, awkward physical positions and other elements for extended periods of time.
GTAW (TIG) Experience
Precision Castparts Corp. - 15 months ago
Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power...