Program Title: Middlebury Executive Management Training Program
Position Title: Business Analyst
Position Start Date: Rolling
Middlebury Interactive Languages is an innovative company formed through an exciting and unique Joint Venture between Middlebury College and K12, Inc., an $800 mm public company (LRN) in the education management and technology sector.
Our rapid growth and innovative culture are driven by our passionate team who are dedicated to excellence in education and language learning. The Middlebury Executive Management Training Program aims to support our success with the addition of energetic, talented recent college graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and a commitment to global awareness to our company. A period of training will expose the Business Analyst to all facets of our company: development, technology, marketing, sales, business development & strategy, finance and operations. Each Middlebury Interactive Business Analyst will be placed in one of our lines of business, and will primarily work with the senior team in that department. MIBA’s may be placed in the MMLA program to support operations during the four week summer program living on one of our college campus locations.
The Middlebury Executive Management Training program operates out of the office of the CEO and she will be responsible for training, placement and professional mentoring and support throughout the training program. The program is designed as a two year program and the Business Analyst may rotate to one other area of interest during that time period. At the end of the program, successful participants will be offered a Manager role in MIL.
Middlebury Interactive creates and provides academically superior language learning programs to US students. Our development team works collaboratively with academic experts to develop research-based on-line and in-person courses and programs. Our Middlebury Monterey Language Academy is the gold standard in summer language enrichment programs and our on-line courses in French, Spanish, Mandarin, German and Latin serve tens of thousands of students in schools or learning at home each year.
The Business Analyst will be based in our new, state of the art headquarters building in Middlebury, VT. Middlebury offers the resources of our partner, Middlebury College, with its golf course, fitness facilities and the college owned ski area, the Snow Bowl. The city of Burlington, a 45 minute drive from Middlebury, is located on beautiful Lake Champlain, and is home to several colleges and universities including the University of Vermont, St. Michael’s College and Champlain College.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- 1-2 years of combined business experience via internships or full-time work
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- Proven ability to be innovative, successfully manage relationships and drive results
- Demonstrated desire to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture, a self-starter
- Strong leadership skills with experience working as a team player and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Passionate about education, languages and global awareness
: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straight forward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Teamwork: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Middlebury Interactive Languages
Middlebury Interactive Languages - 2 years ago