Under supervision responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of instrumentation.\
- High school graduate or equivalent
1. Operates decontamination and disinfecting equipment according to manufacturer guidelines.
2. Performs biological and bowie dick testing per departmental policies and procedures. Reports abnormal results to supervisor in a timely fashion.
3. Decontaminates and processes surgical instrumentation and patient care equipment according to departmental policies and procedures.
4. Assembles and packages instruments and equipment for sterilization.
5. Follows event related sterility policy in daily practice.
6. Provides operational support to the OR by responding rapidly and effectively to emergency needs, added cases and/or immediate instrumentation and patient care equipment needs.
7. Delivery/pick up of instruments for OSC and Main OR as necessary.
8. Assists in locating instruments as necessary.
9. Performs morning rounds to retrieve equipment from hospital departments.
10. Retrieves/restocks/returns code carts. Monitors non-controlled pharmaceutical agents.
11. Cleans and processes scopes according to hospital policies and procedures and manufacturing instructions.
12. Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement programs, safety/environment of care programs and infection control standards.
13. Maintains a clean work environment in accordance with regulatory requirements and hospital policy, such as damp dusting horizontal surfaces, end of the day cleaning, removal of trash and laundry, cleaning equipment and cleaning of common areas.
14. Attends staff meetings and inservices.
15. Completes other daily tasks as requested and assigned.
Exeter Hospital - 18 months ago