Licensed to practice in DC Required or Eligibility
3-5 years of experience required
Summary of Major Essential Functions:
The incumbent will function as a liaison between the clinical staff and the Chief Nursing Officer. Some functions are:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Assist in making hiring recommendations and interviewing.
- Oversee training of new clinical and supervisory staff.
- Participate in clinical responsibilities in the Hospital as follows: aiding the physicians with patient work-ups, conducting histories and physicals for critical care consults, interpreting clinical data, and acting as a resource to the hospitalists and floor nurses.
- Performs initial patient assessment, daily rounding on patients on the hospitalist service, providing patient education, and facilitating the patient discharge process.
- These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Specialty Hospital of Washington – Hadley’s philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Bachelor's degree required, Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner Program Licensure and/or Certification. NP DC license, as appropriate. Master’s degree in health care administration, clinical management or related field is preferred but not mandatory.
Must be able to communicate and work with people on all levels. Must have strong computer and organizational skills, as well as excellent attention to detail. Broad knowledge base in general internal medicine. Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients/families, as well as nursing and physicians. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Excellent time management skills. Ability to manage a large patient panel efficiently.