Solar Topps seeks dynamic, organized marketer with skills in creating grassroots buzz within the homeowner communities for Solar Topps. This high-visibility role provides lead-generating activities and seminars for the field sales team.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for organizing and implementing area-specific, community seminars and outreach campaigns with responsibilities such as: researching seminar opportunities, planning and organizing seminars, creating simple marketing materials, and placing local advertisements. The goal of the Marketing Coordinator is to reach out to single-family homeowners and provide qualified opportunities for the Residential Sales Team to educate and sell solar photovoltaic and energy efficiency products, services and power. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for recruiting potential customers and overseeing the proper administration of all outreach activities for the region.
- Engage potential customers, make phone calls, present to local organizations, homeowners associations, property management groups and local businesses.
- Organize two to three informational solar seminars per week for homeowners throughout the region.
- Responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of multiple weekly events including: logistics coordination with the event venue, suppliers, arranging the program schedule, scheduling Solar Topps speakers, selecting menus, monitoring all event deadlines, troubleshooting and assist with set up.
- Create and distribute marketing materials (invitations, flyers, advertisements, etc.
- Compile PR materials, including fact sheets, pitch letters, Q&A’s, FAQ’s, testimonial sheets, and press releases.
- Maintain marketing kits with all necessary Solar Topps materials and samples used for events.
- Assist managers to set objectives, timeline, and budget appropriately.
- Responsible for post-event evaluations, logistics, client satisfaction and ROI.
- The Marketing Coordinator may have the opportunity to receive a performance bonus, based on leads and sales generated from events and activities.
- At least two years of experience working in a marketing support or event planning capacity.
- Strong project management skills: ability to multi-task, work within deadlines, solve problems.
- Preferred, but not required: Previous vendor management and negotiation experience.
- Experience with varied marketing approaches and sales cold calling helpful.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a hectic environment, flexible work hours (may require some nights/weekends.)
- Strong work ethic and highly detail oriented.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office, Internet browsing, basic graphic design capabilities (Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, or similar) knowledge of social media sites. CRM knowledge a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new technology and software.
- Comfortable working in both construction as well as business environment.
- Outgoing and positive attitude; able to work as a team player.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving history, auto insurance and ability to travel 40 percent – 60 percent of time within the region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field.
- Preferred, but not required: bilingual in Spanish.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Back to Careers
Read more about Solar Topps.
Solar Topps is a leading residential and commercial solar photovoltaic (PV) design and integration company based in Tempe, Arizona.