The Senior Systems Administrator/Supervisor position provides leadership and direction for systems administration activities and individuals. Performs administration and provides operational support for corporate Systems including hardware and OS system availability, performance tuning, installation, security, and troubleshooting.
Professional experienced in all aspects of systems administration. Encompasses full knowledge required within the systems specialty area. Is able to function independently with minimal oversight and direction. Provides technical and professional guidance and leadership to peers.
Supervisor duties include; leadership and management of SA, DBA and Application support teams, regular 1:1 with staff, performance reviews, budget management, manage hiring process, project coordination, manage staff time, recognize staff accomplishments, develop team procedures, ensure appropriate documentation is completed.
This position will work with confidential and proprietary information that requires a signed IT Employee Invention and Confidentiality Agreement upon hire.
- Consults with customers and management to set strategy for current and future architecture related to technologies associated with Systems.
- Mentors other team members to increase their skill and knowledge.
- Manages large and complex projects as needed.
- Assists in the creation of quality initiatives to improve processes and increase efficiencies.
- Provides solutions to complex issues in all areas of technology related to systems.
- Identifies and initiates changes that continually improve a positive open team environment.
- Regularly participates at technology conferences or user group events
- Assists in the designs and implementation of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective protection and integrity of assets.
- Drives monitoring to reduce the risk of hardware failure, excessive resource consumption, and service outage.
- Makes recommendations regarding processes that can be automated. Suggests improvements to preexisting automated processes.
- Application support for SelectHealth business.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems OR four or more years of technical experience in systems administration or other technical field. Intermountain Healthcare verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Six or more years of systems administration experience
- Technical knowledge of systems administration (e.g. hands-on troubleshooting experience, server performance tuning and monitoring tools, scripting code using Perl, CGI, C, shell, and PowerShell scripting tools, Systems hardware, protocols, and standards)
- Business process and reengineering experience, as well as an understanding of the relationship between processes and policies
- Experience solving server/operating system problems that reduce impact to customers/end-users
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Ability to lead complex projects
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 17 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...