Under general supervision, but following existing policies and procedures as well as all applicable banking laws and regulations, including BSA and AML, is responsible for the analysis and summarization of financial and/or loan data in a format conducive to management’s loan decision-making process. Performs a wide variety of tasks that require a broad knowledge of department operations, policies, and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Prepares Loan Approval Summaries and Loan Committee reports for new and renewed loans. Researches and analyzes financial statement data, evaluates industry trends, consults with loan officers, accounting firms, and customers, as needed, to ensure comprehensive technical review of proposed and existing credit facilities. (50% - E)
2. Accompanies loan officers on outside calls or inside bank visits with clients to discuss borrowing needs. Places calls to clients as needed to procure financial data, assist with loan payment collection and serve as a liaison with clients as needed. (15% - E)
3. Assists loan officers and risk manager with a variety of tasks including monitoring loan agreements, preparing annual reviews of term credits, borrowing relationships, and preparing financial projections. Also assists bank examiners and auditors in obtaining information related to their area of responsibility ensuring compliance of federal and regulatory guidelines. (15% - E)
4. Attends Loan Committee meetings and is prepared to assist loan officers with presentation of data to committee members. (5% - E)
5. Prepares reports as requested by department manager, loan officer, and senior management. (10% - E)
6. All other special projects, reports and duties as assigned. (5% - M)
Minimum Education & Other Requirements
Must possess the knowledge and analytical skills necessary to effectively perform the essential functions of this position. Must be extremely detail oriented and have excellent oral and written communication skills. A strong working knowledge of personal computers (especially word processing and spreadsheets), and 10 key skills are necessary. A college degree in Finance or related areas and/or relevant work experience is required.
In 1923, Great Southern Bank was started with a $5,000 investment and has since grown to the company it is today. Our footprint spans six...