Sr RedHat Administrator
Redhat Administrator supporting a 24/7 Redhat server infrastructure. Responsible
for operating, maintaining, and supporting the overall RedHat server architecture in a 5,000 user, multi-site production environment. Individual would be responsible for managing the maintenance activities of Redhat servers.
Providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and updates of applications on these servers and managing system infrastructure and all related processes, including the virtualization environment on VMware platform, as well as account management, software/OS updates and patching, OS installations and configuration on new servers, server decommissioning activities, responding to Service Desk incidents regarding end user problems associated with the systems, assisting developers with isolation and resolution of application issues which are service, operating system or hardware based. Provide migration support in regards to RedHat as we transition legacy applications to new Redhat platforms.
The position is in Washington, DC and some time in Alexandria, VA. This is a 24/7 operation and rotating on-call support is a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Major(s): IT Systems Management, Computer Science or related field, Is experience in lieu of education acceptable? No
Redhat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
10 years (or Master’s Degree + 7 years; or PHD + 5 years )
Specific skills and experience required:
• 8 years of administration of RedHat.
• RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) – strong preference
• VMware certification required (VCP5 preferred)
• Experience working with NetApp storage a plus
• Understanding of Oracle middleware, database, and RAC products on RedHat
operating system a plus
• Ability to design RedHat based infrastructure solutions, document the solutions and test them in a lab environment.
• Experience with designing and supporting high availability RedHat solutions.
• Experience with RedHat disaster recovery.
• Experience with certificate authority services a plus.
• Experience with automating RedHat deployment packages using scripting and Satellite server.
• Experience with and ability to understand, distill and document solution requirements.
• Experience with and ability to configure and deploy RedHat based complex solutions.
• Experience performing system administration duties on RedHat systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Redhat problems.
• High level of initiative and self-confidence along with strong verbal and written communication skills is important.
• Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan
• Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Skills in communicating effectively orally and in written format
• Managed multiple priorities simultaneously
• U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship (Agency check will be required for this position)
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Linux and Solaris problems.
• Must be able to pass a NACI background check, which includes a credit history and criminal investigation.
Job Benefits & Perks:
Please email resume to - firstname.lastname@example.org
SOS Employment Group
- 24 months ago - save job
When a small or midsized business is short on labor, SOS Staffing Services answers the call for help. Founded in 1973, the company provides...